Friday, July 5, 2013

nolan at 6 months.


I have become one of those mothers.  The mother who thinks they have the perfect, most adorable baby in the history of the world.  I used to think I was pretty honest with myself, pretty objective, that I could admit the faults of my children, but as Cole and I sat discussing over lunch how undeniably adorable (surely no one could think otherwise!) Nolan is, we realized how far gone we truly are.  We are smitten, and bias aside, he is prrretty awesome ;)  Here's why:

At 6 months he:
  • rolls over both ways
  • smiles at pretty much anything that moves (and some things that don't)
  • is wide-eyed, alert, and engaging
  • blows raspberries and smiles this goofy double-chinned grin when you do it back (total boy humor)
  • eats solids like a beast (so far three types of cereals, sweet potatoes, and squash)
  • stretches out after a feeding and smiles as I rub his belly
  • sucks his left thumb 
  • sleeps through the night (6/7 p.m. to 7/8 a.m.)
  • loves toys and gets excited to see Sophie the Giraffe
  • has a happy disposition and laughs easily
  • is a drool-monster and likes to gnaw on your fingers if they get close enough to his mouth
  • loves to watch Lily and smiles at her, even when she's not looking
  • rarely cries except when he wants to be picked up or he's rolled over onto his belly for too long
  • likes when we sing, play pat-a-cake and other "games" with him
  • likes to stand and has strong legs
  • likes to cuddle
Nicknames include:  Chubs, Chubbers, Wolen, and Noly Woly.  I love when I rub his soft chubby cheek or give him a kiss, and he'll just look straight ahead and smile this soft, little smile.  It melts my heart every time, and it's like he's saying, "I know you love me, Mom."  Happy 6 months, Nolan.  You are one special little guy, and you are absolutely right, we adore you!


2 comments:

jeff & mal said...

Nolan is completely beautiful! What a fun, cute family you have!

Heather said...

Great pictures, Meg! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you would could answer my question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)