Friday, August 24, 2012

Harry Potter World!

Well, I loved Harry Potter World. Perhaps the most obvious and inevitable statement...ever. My only complaint is that it isn't bigger. The rest of Universal was pretty awesome too. I especially liked Marvel Comic City, because if I weren't a big enough nerd, I love comic book heroes too. Since we were there for 7 days, we did almost every ride that my unborn fetus would let me. My only regret was not getting a picture with Captain America (I'm being serious). And now for a picture overload!

It was always always packed
Loved the crooked chimneys
My first frothy Butterbeer. Cheers!
My favorite part of the whole experience was Honeydukes. It was done so well, and I loved seeing all the candy and packaging come to life from the books. On a side note, I think I've found my dream job. I'm pretty certain I could wear a silly hat and stand behind that counter and be happy the rest of my life. 
Loved this guy. All the actors had British accents!
Lily was excited to ride the Dr. Seuss Merry-go-Round until we actually got on it.
She loooved the splash pads that were everywhere and had her mouth open pretty much the entire time she would play in them.


5 comments:

Kendra L. said...

That looks so fun! How cool. I only read the first 3 books, so clearly I'm not obsessed at all, but knowing your enthusiasm for it, I can see the joy in it all coming to life. Wahoo!

JOHNNY.BECKY.HAZEL said...

Now that looks like so much fun! I love the splash shots of Lily. So funny.

Anne Cropper said...

Oh my gosh that looks so fun! How was the butterbeer? I've always tried imagining what that would taste like when I read the books. I think that when you and Cole retire, you should move to Florida and you can both work at Harry Potter world. You would be the coolest grandma ever if you did.

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

awesome. I'm definitely with you about the honeydukes job.

Sue said...

I LOVE HARRY POTTER and I'm super jealous you got to go to Harry Potter World! Are you on Pottermore, because if you are we need to be friends?