Monday, July 16, 2012

that time we climbed a giant rock in 94 degree heat.

Over the weekend we decided to take a road trip to Fredericksburg, TX. The town wasn't all that exciting, but we drove nearby to Enchanted Rock Park for a little hike. Since it was 94 degrees out, and let's just say I'm not the most outdoorsy person in the world, I was a little grumpy about it. Once we started hiking, I was totally won over though. Various religions used to hold services at the top because they thought it was sacred ground. I can totally see why. It was so beautiful and peaceful up there. Cole carried Lily all the way up and down, but she was able to take a few very measured, very exaggerated steps up the rock while holding our hands. It was pretty funny to see her navigate a steep incline for the first time. Thanks honey for forcing encouraging me to have fun and be one with nature! 


Cole sitting and waiting for me to catch up :)



Lily just enjoying the ride and the view from the top



 A happy and shweaty me, post-hike

4 comments:

Mariko said...

Uhhhh, you look beautiful for someone climbing up in that heat! I wish I could look half that good hiking in heat...!

JOHNNY.BECKY.HAZEL said...

You're so pretty. Wish we were still in Texas with you guys (but I certainly don't miss the heat).

Jill said...

I'm glad it won you over! It is a beautiful place.

LC said...

Those look like my shoes! I'm glad you were able to use them. Hopefully they're more comfortable for you than they were for me. That hike looks beautiful!