Wednesday, June 20, 2012

dear lily,

Thank you for your sweetness today. I really needed it. Somehow you understood that it was an "off" day, and you played happily by yourself, coming to check on me on the couch every now and then. You'd bop me on the head, point at my eye, then rest your head against mine and lean in for a kiss. Those kisses kept me going today. This morning I tickled your arm as you sat watching TV with me. Later, you came up to me and rubbed your hand up and down my arm. I realized you were trying to give me tickles too. We had a lot of fun when Dad got home today. He ran you back and forth and jumped out to scare you, and you laughed and laughed and yelled at him to run you around again. I just want to tell you how special you are to us. You made this no-good, rotten day, wonderful somehow. I love you more than I can say.

Love,
Mom

Untitled

3 comments:

Molly said...

Oh my word, she is SO PRECIOUUSSSSS! I love her! I bet she and Reese would be friends:) And I loved the part about her tickling your arm too...how do babies know how to be so sweet at just the right time?

Heather said...

Are you pregnant? If so we should talk! If you get what I mean?! :)

Jill said...

Sweet post, Meghan. Lily is such a doll!