I've been lacking in my blog posting lately. My social media time is being eaten up by Instagram. I'm just a little bit obsessed. It also doesn't help that my new Pinterest-of-sorts is the Craigslist car classifieds. You get all kinds of characters on there, I tell ya. I texted one person about a car and pointed out that his price seemed a bit higher than Kelley Blue Book. This was the text I got back, "The best way to buy a used car is [to] look, feel, drive, smell, each car. You can't buy a used car based on kkb." This man's passion was legit, and I clearly insulted him and his Camry. I just envisioned myself licking the steering wheel and sniffing the seats like one would a fine wine. Needless to say, that car was a no-go.
Due to the lack of car, I've been finding creative ways to pass my time at home, like taking videos of Lily as she naps, hanging by the pool, and devising a strategy on how to survive a Texas summer while still dressing modestly (there may be a future post about this). Anyway, enough random midnight thoughts for now. Goodnight!
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Monday, April 16, 2012
Lily's started walking! Here are some videos of her recent antics. They're only about 10 seconds each, so if you blink, you might miss it ;)
Love her face and feet in the one below.
This one's of Lily moving her eyebrows. Oh, it cracks me up! Also, please excuse my excited mom voice and Lily's black bean 'stache.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Lily's newly acquired skills include:
- Walking! She walked the length of our living room yesterday and will take a few steps here and there
- Getting up from sitting position onto her feet without support (this is new today)
- Clapping her hands (at the ends of songs, during Ellen, when's she happy, and for herself)
- Going backwards down the stairs
- Waving and saying "Hi!"
- Moving her eyebrows up and down, usually to copy me. It's hilarious.
She has been so giggly, and throws her head back when she laughs sometimes. I absolutely love to see her so happy. Makes me feel like I'm doing something right.
She was telling me something very serious :)
L: Man, I adore that double-chinned smile, R: The girl's almost to my hip!
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
It seems that our babe has developed a split personality. She's been so silly, sweet, and funny, but also crabby and downright sassy too. It's been one of those weeks where I've had to pray for patience many, many times. This is a little snapshot of Lily's personality right now:
- Lily insists on only eating whatever I'm eating, even if she has the exact same thing in front of her
- She rips stuff out of her books, throws food on the floor, and cries when I take things away from her
- She yells at me when she wants something
- She whines and says "ma ma ma" over and over (sometimes this is sweet and other times so exasperating)
- She holds my hand as she does her funny little waddle-walk across the room
- She sticks her finger up my nostril when I ask her, "Where's Mommy's nose?"
- She talks with her hands
- She points at the birds on our walks and says, "Aah" in this excited, high-pitched voice
- She softly taps on my leg with her hand as we sit on the couch together
- She flicks her lips with her fingers to make the noise "brr brr brr"
- She has a newfound love for her infant bouncy chair, crawling in and out of it, bouncing and lounging in it all the time
This photo pretty much embodies my life right now. The house is a crazy mess, no matter how many times I follow after her to pick up, and there's Lily in the midst of it all, lounging in her chair with her ankles crossed like she owns the place. I can't help but love this girl, sass and all.