Tuesday, February 14, 2012

rock on, baby girl.

Growing up I loved music, especially going to concerts. I'd describe myself as somewhat of a reserved, inhibited person, but there was something about concerts that let me be free and just let loose--dance barefoot in the grass, sing at the top of my lungs, close my eyes and get lost in the music (cheesy, but true). I haven't been to a concert in a long time, and definitely not since Lily was born. On Saturday, Cole, Lily, some friends and I all went to the rodeo and to see Keith Urban. We put ear plugs in Lily's ears, and she fell asleep on my lap. Keith Urban sang a song called "Without You," which I love. One verse says,
Along comes a baby girl
And suddenly my little world
Just got a whole lot bigger
And people that I barely knew
They love me cause I'm part of you
Man it's tough to figure
As I sat there trying to be perfectly still, I thought of all those concerts I'd been to and just how different life is now, and how much I love it. I thought of how true those lyrics are. I held Cole's hand and tapped my feet and felt perfectly happy. Even though this concert experience was so much different than all my others, the music still meant something to me for where I'm at in my life. For some reason, this is one of my favorite memories.

concertcollage
Eventually she woke up to enjoy the concert :)
IMG_5680

3 comments:

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

it's crazy how much bigger they make your world! Happy valentine's day to the ballards!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.