Wednesday, January 25, 2012

birthday weekend.

Some highlights from my birthday weekend:

I turned 25 on Thursday so Cole surprised me by pretending to go to work then decorating our living room and jumping out when I came downstairs. He had to wait in the dark for about 30 minutes as I puttered around upstairs. He also made a super cute and creative candy bar card and gave me some moolah. Woo hoo! He also took me out to the Melting Pot for dinner. We had such a good time talking and laughing, just us two! Thanks Valorie for watching our babe :)

IMG_5580

IMG_5613
She was pretty much over it the moment it started

bdaycollage

On Friday, Becca brought me a treat from our favorite cupcake shop because she's psychic and knew exactly what I wanted for my bday. Later that night we went with Ashton + Becca to see The Jimmer play the Spurs. It was pretty awesome. Cole wrestled over a t-shirt with a crazy female Spurs fan and emerged victorious. The whole 10 minutes that Jimmer played was totally worth it.

IMG_0999

Saturday we headed up to Austin with Jill + Quin. We ate at a gourmet burger place called Hopdoddy, climbed Mt. Bonnell (a semi-steep flight of steps), and perused the shops on South Congress. I love Austin and the Rupps! Thanks for all the pictures, Jill!

IMG_5694

austincollage

IMG_5716

Sunday we went to church and then over to Valorie + Shane's to watch the 49ers. Lily loved getting kisses from Charli, their dog, and would scrunch her face and open her mouth wide whenever she'd get near her.

IMG_1002

Thanks friends, and my love, for an amazing birthday weekend!

5 comments:

Michael said...

happy birthday. i hate reading about what everyone's doing without us in texas... but sounds like you had a great b-day weekend. also, charly is huge!

Mariley Johnson said...

Happy Birthday!

Jana said...

way to go cole! aren't surprises the best?! glad you had a great birthday weekend

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

I've always wanted to go to the melting pot! Is it as delicious as it sounds? Happy birthday friend! You are beautiful!

Becca and Ashton said...

that is a pretty great weekend. Happy Birthday friend!