Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"Born to be our Friend"

December already! What?! That is how I'm feeling - like we've been running a million miles an hour since November. I have about three or four blog posts until I'm "caught up" on what's been going on lately. If you're feeling the same way, stop a second and watch this video. It's a beautiful reminder of what this season is really all about. You can see more videos about the Savior's life here.

9140-1800

For some reason it has struck me that Jesus Christ was once a baby and a child. Maybe it's because I have a sweet little babe of my own now, but it softens my heart to know that Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world, chose to arrive on this earth as a helpless infant, and that he had to grow and learn just like we do. He experienced scrapes and bruises like any other child; He experiences joy and sorrow just like we do, and He later experienced pain of every kind and bore a weight that we could not carry ourselves. What immense strength it must have taken to live a perfect life and bear the burdens of all people throughout eternity while experiencing the weaknesses of the human condition. What immense love! I'm grateful, especially at this time of year, for a willing, loving Savior who knows me and you perfectly because He is like us, and because He atoned for us. I love Him and this season that turns our thoughts towards Him!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

2 comments:

Becca and Kent said...

Isn't that video so beautiful! I've watched it a few times now--I just love it!
Thanks for the reminder of what this is all about!

JOHNNY.BECKY.HAZEL said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.