Tuesday, August 30, 2011

5 months + a trip to Utah

Lily is almost 6 months, so I better hurry and record her 5 month stats:

As of August 10th, she was 14 lbs. 2 oz., but I'm pretty sure she weighs much more than that now. I feel like she grew overnight. My poor, wimpy arms can't take much more.

She:
  • can pivot on her stomach and gets up on one knee like she wants to crawl
  • is so smiley and has developed such a sweet personality
  • loves people
  • has really taken to solids. We've only given her cereal, peas, and carrots. She loved the cereal and the carrots. The peas not so much, and I don't blame her. She makes an "mmm mmm" noise when she wants more.
  • can sit by herself for a short period of time
  • likes to pull her binky in and out of her mouth and tosses it

IMG_5020


IMG_5024

On our trip to Utah, she did so well on the plane rides. I was such a proud mama. She was also so happy and content, and loved all the attention she was getting from the family. We had such a good time and got spoiled by Cole's family with meals, movies, good conversation, and even babysitting! We hit up Cafe Rio, Spark, Taco Time, Glacier Pass sno shack -- all our favorite places. I also got to see so many friends. Lily met too many people to name. I miss the beautiful weather and my beautiful family and friends. Can't wait to come back! Now for a picture overload:


IMG_5005

Cole took these pictures of the Ballard home

IMG_5010

Lily + Grandpa Ed

IMG_5086

Lovely Heather, Lily + future baby Ellsworth

IMG_5081

Molly + her sweet new baby, Reese

IMG_5094

Big boy Luke + Alex

IMG_5105
Lily + her cousin Maisey
IMG_5027


5 comments:

becca said...

She is so big. I feel like I haven't seen you all in forever!!! Your trip looked wonderful though....

Alex (and Trevor!) said...

Oh! I feel so privileged to have made an appearance on your blog! :) Thanks for the picture. Also, I kind of wigged out when I thought that could totally be me with my little boy in two years. Ahh! It's really happening!! Crazy. :)

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

she is tooo much to handle!!! I love her!

Heather @ Mrs. Southern Bride said...

What a cutie!

Heather said...

Meg! I HATE that photo of me hahaha....I guess that's what I get for being pregnant and unable to sleep at night hahaha. Oh well, at least when there's a gorgeous baby by my side I know I am not the focus of onlookers :). I'm glad you got "home" (is Texas home? I don't know) safe!! Miss you lots xxxx