Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Great Binky Battle

There's binky trouble on the Ballard front. Lately Lily has been waking up repeatedly throughout the night because her binky falls out, and she can't get to sleep without it. It is very frustrating. This has begun a binky battle that is yet to be decided.

So today, I laid Lily down for her nap with a binky. It fell out, and so I let her cry. After about 10 minutes, the crying suddenly stopped. I went upstairs to check on her and this is what I found:

IMG_0427
IMG_0429
IMG_0430

In all of her rolling around she somehow managed to find her binky, get it in her mouth, and fall asleep on her stomach. And the score stands: Lily- 1, Mom- 0.

(No babies were injured in the making of this post)

11 comments:

Anne Cropper said...

OH MY GOSH, that is funny! How did she get her cute chubby legs in that position? She's definitely a girl who knows what she wants, and she'll fight till she can get it.

Mariko said...

LOVE!!

Harrison has suddenly developed mad love for his paci these past couple of weeks. Just be glad yours isn't waking up all the time to eat which mine still does at 10 weeks!!

Heidi said...

So funny! What a cutie! :)

Shane & Valorie said...

LOL! I Love it! What a cutie pie.

~johnny becky hazel~ said...

oh man, I'm dying. Ha!

Jana said...

haha that is so funny! good luck!

Molly said...

Hahaha, oh so cute:) I love Lily. She is so so cute.

Emily said...

hahaha if she is smart enough to find the paci you left in her crib...i say let her have it!!! that pic cracks me up :)

Jill said...

So adorable and funny! What a clever girl :)

Jenny said...

ha haha! That's hilarious!

I used to have to pick up Henry's binky multiple times a day... I was so sick of doing that so I finally tied it with a ribbon to a soft rattle. Now it doesn't roll off/bounce away from the crib and Henry can find it in his sleep if he wants it. (Though he generally just sleep without it after he falls asleep.)

I'm cheering for team mom!

Michelle Starrs said...

Hah! that is too funny! I've never had that happen to my kids. 1 leg maybe but never 2! Talented girl! She's a cutie