Friday, July 1, 2011

books.

goodnightmoon

I've been surprised by how much I read to Lily. Even though she can't understand the words, I can tell she's engaged by them. I'm super excited because I just signed up for the Children's Book of the Month club (cbomc.com) and I got:

  • Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed by Mo Willems
  • Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by John Archambault
  • Oh, the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss
  • The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Eric Carle
  • Olivia by Ian Falconer
  • Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner
  • The Rainbow Fish by by Marcus Pfister
That's 8 books for $20! They don't have every book you could ever want, but they definitely have a lot of good titles. I promise this isn't a paid advertisement. I just can't wait to get these in the mail! Does anyone have any children's book suggestions?

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

So funny you just posted this today! I updated my blog this afternoon, all about children's books I'd found this past week at a library book sale! You should read it for some of my recommendations. What an awesome collection of books you're starting!

Mariko said...

Mo Willems has a Pigeon series that I love. And another favorite is Spoon by Amy Rosenthal. There are just too many fun children's books!!

Jessica Morgan said...

So I don't have kiddos... but I love the Children's book section.

I love any of Mo Willems books. "Edwina the Dinosaur" is probably my favorite. He also has a piggy and elephant series that is fun. I like "There is a Bird on Your Head."

David Weisner creates the awesome books, they are wordless, but the illustrations are great.

A few other classics are "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak "The Giving Tree" By Shel Silverstein "Lily and Her Purple Plastic Purse" by... I forget :)

emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emily said...

I'd have to go with 'I Love You, Stinkyface', 'Corduroy', and 'Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day' as my favorites.


*earlier comment removed due to typing failures*

Jenni said...

how fun! I will have to check that out. We are obsessed with childrens books!!