Friday, March 4, 2011

contractions

Last night at about 2:30 a.m., I finally identified a contraction (not the grammatical variety)! I was beginning to think I really had just swallowed a watermelon for lack of anything exciting going on in my abdominal region. But Hallelujah! Any signs of progress are good signs, even if they keep me up until 4 a.m. I've officially got 6 days until my due date, which is crazy. I still need to:
  • Make little Thank you bags for the nurses
  • Finish Thank you notes
  • Finish packing our hospital bag
  • Clean our stinkin' house
  • Pluck my eyebrows (yes, this IS a priority)
  • Go to the temple
  • Sleep

I must also declare that I have loved being pregnant, and it makes me kind of sad to think it's almost over. I love the people in line at the store or in the elevator who seem genuinely excited for me. I even like the random guy outside of Arby's who excitedly told me I was "gettin' big!" I love feeling the camaraderie with other pregnant ladies. I love how it's brought Cole and I closer. I've just felt incredibly blessed throughout this whole experience. Hopefully next time I post, it'll be with pictures of our little girl! Until then...prayers are welcome!

10 comments:

Kendra and Eric Lafferty said...

In my book, yes, if you have loved pregnancy so much, you HAVE been blessed. :) I'm happy for you!! Can't wait to see the little cutie.

Marissa said...

Yahoo! It's the final countdown (cue the music)! I'm so excited for you guys and I know what you mean about plucking eyebrows...I always feel 100% less grungy when my eyebrows look nice. And plus - who wants a uni-brow in their hospital pictures? No thank you.

Mariko said...

How exciting!!! I hope you get everything done before your little girl comes. And I hope everything goes well!!

..... Johnny and Becky ..... said...

Ooh I'm getting so excited! Know that I'm ever so close and would be more than happy to help out in any way before, during, or after. Good luck with everything. You'll do great!

LC said...

Good luck Meg! I hope everything goes well..

Joel Deehr said...

Youre almost there!

Karen and Merrill said...

We are so excited for you!! I must admit. I made a nice long to-do list on a Sunday and I had Maya the next day! I wish you better luck than I had in getting your to do list done!

matt said...

Reading this reminds me of the way I felt 3 months ago! You are lucky that you've started to feel contractions. I was so anxious to feel something, but I never felt anything until the day he was born. It kind of all happened at once, which I guess was kind of nice. Good luck girl! We'll be praying for a safe delivery and speedy recovery ;)

matt said...

Oh, and this is me, Elsie, not Matt ;)

martha said...

prayers you have, my lady! i can't wait for pictures! and i'll be sad you aren't pregnant either, geez. it does look like a lot of fun...babies are more fun though.