Thursday, March 31, 2011

3 Weeks

Lily is three weeks old today. As of her two week appointment, she weighed 7 lbs. 9 oz. and measured 20.5 inches long, but my tired arms tell me that she's gained a little more since then. I love her little eyelashes, and her little ears, and her rapidly growing cheeks, and her big ol' hands and feet. She makes the girliest noises and manages to blow out almost every diaper I put her in. These last three weeks have been surprising (mainly good surprises). Like how the lost sleep really isn't as bad as expected, and my days go by faster than I thought they would, and a "normal" life of dating my husband is still possible, and how much I love her. Here are some pictures from the past couple weeks:

This is her favorite position--propped up on our chest sleeping

Oh those eyebrows

We're working on her chubby Asian potbelly

Her first real bath

10 comments:

Becca and Ashton said...

oh I love Lily already!Oh and I forgot to mention the other day how great you looked!

Jana Porter said...

i love lily so cute! and as asian as she is i see cole in her face a little bit! hope we see you guys someday soon

Karen and Merrill said...

She is so adorable! I love her hair!!

Jill said...

Happy 3 weeks! She is just so cute - I love the pictures!

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

um i'm in love with her. We have that same bathtub. It's a miracle. just like lily.

~johnny becky hazel~ said...

Oh how I love that little babe! Hopefully I can meet her soon! I'm so glad to know that the lack of sleep isn't killing you too!

Kendra and Eric Lafferty said...

She's beautiful! I'm glad you say the same thing I thought--it's not as bad as you expect!
My favorite is the bath picture, and that awesome hair!! Eric wants to know how much the dowery is. ;D

martha said...

meghan, i just love your insight so much, and i think it's so cool you are accepting motherhood so gracefully. i just love you. and you inspire me. :) Lily is gorgeous, and she for real is in my top 3. lily, corryn, and jayda. yay! i feel like my circle of family friends is just expanding with all these new babies.

Jason & Janey said...

beautiful so sad I can't see her!

Michelle Starrs said...

Love the tub picture, her hair is wild! Congrats to you both!