Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Child Is Born

The King of kings lay thus in lowly manger,
In all our trials born to be our friend - "O Holy Night"


This is one of my favorite talks about Christmas. Elder Bruce D. Porter gave it at BYU in December '08, and I still remember watching the broadcast in the Wilk and then walking across the quad to my class in the JKB with tears in my eyes. Whenever I read it, I can feel that same Spirit I felt that day, and the knowledge that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ truly do know us and love us is reaffirmed. I love them. I'm grateful for this knowledge and for this time of year that helps remind me where to look for the true source of joy. If you want a way to feel the Christmas spirit, Elder Porter's talk is a good read!

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

..... Johnny and Becky ..... said...

K, that post title made my heart skip a beat, because I thought it was pertaining to you for a split sec. Ha, I'm a nerd. Beautiful post.