Thursday, August 5, 2010

"I got to kiss these lonesome Texas blues goodbye"-Steve Earle

I'm feeling a little homesick today...for Utah, that is. I'm missing those perfect mountains, the view for miles, the untouched, undeveloped land, and the quiet. I'm also missing friends and family. I took this picture flying into Salt Lake after a long summer away. It's the picture of Utah that I carry around in my head and that signifies homecoming to me. I'm super excited for October when we'll be going home to see Ryan, who's coming back from his mission in Tonga!


Here's a good song from a Texas native that's kinda hitting home right now.

6 comments:

martha said...

mmm that is a beautiful picture!!! good job :) can i have that blown up and framed please and thank you.

i miss you too, for the record. and believe it or not, utah has grown on me too. since when did we become fans of utah? so weird! remember how freshman year we hated it? maybe that was just me...at any rate, we better party on my birthday.

Jana Porter said...

you have no idea how much we miss you guys! october will be here before we know it!

Michelle Starrs said...

beautiful :) I get homesick a lot too. that's an understatement! I'm homesick every day! Do you know how long you'll be in San Antonio?

Joel Deehr said...

I hear ya. Every time I leave Utah now I miss it. I'm not even from Utah. Whats Texas like? Are you guys big city living?

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

beautiful picture! There is something special about UT. Idaho is even better though, come move here!

Katy said...

Oh, I totally understand how you feel! I miss the mountains like crazy. The funny thing is, I bet when the time comes to leave here, we'll miss Texas, too. Funny how that works!

I'm glad we can be blog buddies now! :)