Thursday, July 1, 2010

Random Wishlist #1: Treehouses

Call me crazy, but lately I've had this deep desire to live in a treehouse. I read an article recently about this 70-some-year-old couple who built themselves a treehouse, and they spend all their time in it--watching sunsets, drinking wine, holding hands. I thought it was the most romantic thing I'd ever heard. Suddenly I caught this vision of Cole and I doing that very same thing (minus the wine). Here are some pics. I couldn't find my ideal treehouse though because it hasn't been built yet! Spacious, high off the ground, spiral staircase, Victorian or French-style, stained glass, a deck, with lanterns strung around. Whimsical yet earthy. None of this plastic, Disneyland crap. Oh yes. It's all here in my head. *Sigh* One day.









Are these amazing or is it just me??

5 comments:

Anne Cropper said...

Oh my gosh, those are amazing! Meghan, this is the best idea ever. I think mine would be huge and elaborate. It would span across at least 3-4 trees I think.

Alex (and Trevor!) said...

1. YES! I love tree houses! When I was little I always wished I could be one of the Swiss Family Robinsons!

2. What do you mean... "Speaking of kids..."?????? Do you have some news to share!?

Gwen said...

amazing. I want one.

Joel Deehr said...

Yeah, definitely build one of these. I work on campus at some learning place where we do 3D learning tools and such. The bulk of my time is spent working on BYU student animations in progress though.

Michelle Starrs said...

Oh I am in love! Can I build one in the tree next to you? excited to be blogger friends :)