Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Getting Ready to Grovel

This job hunting has got me down.

Do you know what percentage of the U.S. population has a bachelor's degree? As of 2005, it was 27.7%--less than half. Doesn't that somehow make me more qualified than over half the population? Shouldn't that put me in the immediate "Hey, Give that girl a job!" category? Twenty plus applications later and still no call-backs.

Enough of my moping. Yesterday we saw the famed Alamo and strolled the River Walk in San Antonio, which was beautiful. We plan to go again when it's not so hot and we're not so broke. Here are the few pictures I got. Next outing will be to San Antonio's German communities (who knew?) and Cole's boss' wife's cupcake shop! I'm excited! Hope y'all (hehe!) had a great Memorial Day!



5 comments:

Laurel Marsh said...

I was viewing your blog. You and your hubby are so cute by the way. I noticed a post from mmac photography that caught my eye.. titled laural + aaron. It was kinda funny to me b/c I have yet to meet a couple with our same names. It looks like she spells Laurel a little different though : )

Ariel said...

I understand the groveling-- this job market is definitely humbling! I hope you find something soon!

Heather said...

Meg! You'll find something. Until then, live up life as a kept woman! Love you :)

Joel Deehr said...

Sorry about your job hunt. I did not know Cole was working. Whats he doing?

The Ballards said...

Hey Joel! He's actually building a medical tower down here. The construction will last about 5 years so we're Texans for now :) How have you been?