Friday, November 20, 2009

Rootin' Tootin' Good Time

I've decided that I have the greatest mother/sister-in-laws ever! They're beautiful, funny, and fun-loving! Take our girl's trip for example. We went down to St. George a couple of weekends ago (sadly my camera died). There we had a raucous night of dining (Janey entertained elderly people with her chicken joke--if anyone wants to see it, it's a classic!) and bowling! We played "Follow the Leader," in which the person bowling first had to make up a ridiculous move and the person following had to replicate the move, and then make up one of their own. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. There was booty-shaking and all-out shameless embarrassment. I saw my mother-in-law do snow angels on the slick bowling alley floor and then crawl on her belly toward the lane. How many of you could say that?

I would like to note that it was midnight, and I had just thrown up before this picture was taken

Last night the fun continued. The girls all went to see the midnight showing of Twilight: New Moon. It was entertaining to hear the swoons and squeals of all the girls and women in the crowd. It was a guilty pleasure to see Jacob shirtless in every frame. It was hilarious to hear Janey say, "Jacob is 108 degrees steamy" every couple of minutes on the car ride home. I've never been a big fan of Twilight, I'm pretty sure the BYU English major tainted it for me, but last night was dang fun! Midnight showings are the best. I love my family for being night owls and for having young hearts. I got home at around 3:40 a.m. and found a love note from Cole when I walked in the bathroom. I also got a sewing machine and a bunch of fabric from my mom this week, 2 new Simplicity patterns, and a shiny, brand new internship at BYU Magazine for next semester. What a lucky girl I am!

Aren't the shoes so cute?

4 comments:

Derek and Kelli Hill said...

i LOVE those patterns! that's awesome you got a sewing machine! and congrats on the internship! and glad to hear you liked new moon. I want to see it for pop culture's sake even though I too am enamored of the books. So i find out what the baby is sunday night! hope you guys have an awesome thanksgiving break and we must do crafternoon when we all get back!

Jana Porter said...

i can't wait to see you put that sewing machine to work!

Joel Deehr said...

Wow, way to get an internship! Thats really exciting. For some reason my reader doesnt follow your updates though. I just happened to check up on your blog.

Alex (and Trevor!) said...

Meghan why had you just thrown up!???! AND WHAT WERE YOU STILL DOING ENJOYING YOURSELF? Haha you crazy!