Wednesday, July 15, 2009

When Nerds Unite!

"I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you."-Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

You know you're a nerd when:

  • You show up 2 hours early to see the 12:19 a.m. showing of Harry Potter 6
  • As you wait, you play Scrabble and discuss your other favorite summer movies ("Didn't you just love Star Trek?!")
  • You talk about where you were and what your reaction was to Dumbledore's death, as if it was a real event and you get emotional anyway, even though you knew it was going to happen
  • You get goosebumps when you see the Warner Brother's sign floating in gray clouds, a sure sign the movie is starting
  • You scramble to find your HP t-shirt, Gryffindor scarf, and wand before you leave and you are disappointed when you can't
  • You once dreamt (or perhaps still dream) of being cast as Cho Chang and Tonks
This is a short explanation of Kelli and I's night yesterday. It was perhaps simultaneously the nerdiest and coolest night I've had in a long time. I love Kelli for being such a die-hard with me!!! We didn't get any pictures, but here is a visual approximation of our night--the emotion, the excitement, the nerdiness:

4 comments:

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

i lOVE it! we are the dang coolest nerds ever.

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

and i'm really sad we didn't get a picture!

Alex (and Trevor!) said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Trevor and I and Dave and Heidi are getting to see it tonight! I AM SO EXCITED I COULD SCREAAAAM!!! :)

YAY we'll have to discuss this on our cruise next week!

Emily said...

so just in case you don't remember who I am - I am Cole's cousin...We met briefly at a family function, but I've read Harry Potter 4 times through and in two different languages, and I still cry every time Dumbledore dies and used to wish Hogwarts was a real school I could go to....I'm a nerd!