Tuesday, July 14, 2009

D.C.


"I'm glad we were here together in our nation's capital"-Forrest Gump

Here are some pictures from our whirlwind tour of D.C. We saw: Arlington (Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, JFK's grave), Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, the Reflecting Pool, Vietnam and Korean War Memorials, and the White House. My favorite part was sitting behind the Washington Monument at sunset and watching the kite fliers. It was beautiful.




 Picture taken by Cole at JFK's grave


Strangely symmetric


Abe Lincoln was a lot larger than we thought

Cole and I have the same expression in every pic


This was sobering


Korean War Memorial...the people who fought for my people!

2 comments:

Ariel said...

Nice pics! You guys are good at taking your own picture!

Larissa said...

We were in Arlington the same day. I would be so sad if we were there at the same time and didn't get to see each other. I'm glad you guys had a good time!