Thursday, May 28, 2009

Not gonna lie...

I've discovered a few things lately:

1. My husband pointed out that I like to write in lists. I can't help it--easier to write, easier to read, n'est-ce pas?

2. Marriage is hard--not that I'm complaining. I've always heard rumors that it could be, but it's been verified. However, I'm also of the opinion that most people's natural inclination is to love one another. Maybe that's the hippy inside me wanting to break out and dance barefoot on the grass, hugging anything within arms reach, but I love my husband. I love how even if we've been fighting, which we do from time-to-time (shocker), he'll still find my hand and hold it in the middle of the night. Like I said, humankind's natural desire is for love. Believe it!

3. While strolling through Bath & Body Works today, I noticed that many of the fragrance names could actually double as names of 60s-rock-band-groupies (i.e. Vanilla Noir, Sensual Amber, and Butterfly Flower). This observation probably stems from my secret desire to be Penny Lane from the movie Almost Famous (minus the stomach pumping). So if I ever do run off to follow some band around the country, I can thank Bath & Body Works for my rockin' persona. 

3 comments:

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

is almost famous a good movie? i've always wanted to see it and never gotten around to it. good job with the running! next year you'll be down in st. george with us! haha. if you ever want to go up to the canyon to run with us that would be super fun!

Jana Porter said...

haha you are a hippie at heart! me too!!!! i'd rock the almost famous life with you, our husbands would never notice if we left them playing ping pong. cruise, cruise, cruise, cruise, cruise, cruise, cruise, cruise!!!! ps marriage is hard

martha said...

lol dude. you are already a hippie, just admit it. ;) i call you michelle behind your back.

i love you man. i am moving to tacoma/seattle. thought you should know.