Friday, April 10, 2009

Sunday Will Come

Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

Once a year in my church we have something called General Conference where we hear latter-day apostles and prophets speak. There was one apostle particularly that was missing and whose absence I especially felt. Elder Wirthlin passed away before this year's conference, and so I really missed his moving and almost always humorous talks. I loved him. He was a great man. He was sometimes physically fragile, but always a powerful speaker. This talk is from General Conference almost 3 years ago. It's about the sorrow of Good Friday and the hope and triumph that Sunday brought to the world through the Resurrection of the Savior. I think that the importance of this talk has grown even more since it was given and especially today. Enjoy.


No comments: