Saturday, May 3, 2008

So it's pretty late and I have work in the morning, but I can't help but write this now. It' s been a long time since I've written in this and I'll make it quick because of the time, but recently Cole's cousin, Cory, passed away from cancer, and although he wasn't really close to Cole, and I had never met him, it really touched me. I think a lot of it had to do with Cory's wife, who has her own blog and who told their story and how he was fighting it for the second time. They're really young, late 20s/ early 30s and they have a 3-year-old son. It breaks my heart to think about. I was thinking about all that he must have gone through, the pain and the complete control this disease had gained over him, the grief his wife must feel, and the irreplaceable loss that his son will someday understand. It is incomprehensible to me. The only thing that brought me comfort were these words:

"The tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." (Rev. 21:3-4)

I find it comforting to know that a loving Father in heaven will be their comforter at this time and in the times to come. He has sent a Savior with a mercy that is even more incomprehensible than the sorrow and tragedy that may come. Because of his atonement and resurrection there is no true death, and our bodies do not remain in the state we leave them here. Because of him, we are able to be with the ones we love in a state of joy forever. I know the Savior has great power to perform miracles, command nature and to do all things, but he is also the very same man who will so tenderly reach to wipe away our tears. I know he can and will do that for them and for us.

No comments: